Re: [igraph] subgraph in igraph

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] subgraph in igraph
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 10:00:34 -0400

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Fatemeh a <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Gabor,

my question is: dose  "supgraph.edges" function changes nodes indices even when we keep vertices (delete.vertices = FALSE )?  I try it and it didn't but could I generalize it or its behavior is like  "induced.subgraph"?

R igraph functions do not change their arguments, so the original graph is the same. induced.subgraph creates a _new_ graph. It is true that numeric ids in the new graph can be different for the "same" vertices. Please use symbolic ids, i.e. the name vertex attribute.

G.

[...]