Re: [igraph] subgraph in igraph

From: Fatemeh a
Subject: Re: [igraph] subgraph in igraph
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 18:28:07 +0430

Hi Gabor,

my question is: dose  "supgraph.edges" function changes nodes indices even when we keep vertices (delete.vertices = FALSE )?  I try it and it didn't but could I generalize it or its behavior is like  "induced.subgraph"?

Peidong chen, thanks for the "function"  but as Gabor said it is not different from  "induced.subgraph" function and it works with indices as well if we want to change that, I guess we should work with V(g)$name instead.

 this defined function is not the function I am looking for and I rather want to delete some edges from the graph and keep isolated edges so the vertices are the same.

mygraph<-subgraph.edges(graph,which(E(mygraph)$weight>0),delete.vertices = FALSE)

Thank you in advance,
Fatemeh

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
How is this different from just calling induced.subgraph()? (Apart from being slower for small subgraphs of large graphs.)

> g <- graph.ring(10)
> V(g)$name <- LETTERS[1:10]
> get.edgelist(get_sub_graph(6:10, g), names = FALSE)
     [,1] [,2]
[1,]    1    2
[2,]    2    3
[3,]    3    4
[4,]    4    5
> get.edgelist(induced.subgraph(g, 6:10), names = FALSE)
     [,1] [,2]
[1,]    1    2
[2,]    2    3
[3,]    3    4