Re: [igraph] bow tie

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] bow tie
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:54:09 +0100

> I think that the important part here is not to plot actual nodes, but
> to plot percentage of users in order to check if the in- nodes are
> much more than the out- nodes, for instance... the proportions of the
> bow tie should be informative in some sense.
Okay, then you can use what I wrote in my first email to classify the nodes,
then you can simply calculate the fractions. As for making the actual plot,
I think that it's easiest to do that manually in Inkscape or any other
vector graphics application than trying to draw it automatically in R,
unless you have more than one network to analyze. If you want to do it in R,
then you have to turn to the low-level drawing commands like `polygon',
`lines` and so on.