[igraph] Plotting graphs much slower in 0.6

From: Dai Shizuka
Subject: [igraph] Plotting graphs much slower in 0.6
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:17:42 -0600

Hi,
Did the plot.igraph function get much slower in igraph 0.6 (I'm using R 2.15.2 on a 2.6GHz Mac Mini)? With the codes below, I get the plot in 0.4 seconds in igraph0, but it takes > 17 seconds in igraph v0.6

I gather that the new framework has its benefits, so perhaps having a 'quick' version of the plot function in v0.6 would help?

### Compare speeds

library(igraph0)

r=erdos.renyi.game(100,p=0.1)

system.time(plot.igraph(r,layout=layout.circle))

detach(package:igraph0)

library(igraph)

r=erdos.renyi.game(100,p=0.1)

system.time(plot.igraph(r,layout=layout.circle))

Best,
Dai
----
Daizaburo Shizuka