hurd-devel

Re: Objdump report posted

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Objdump report posted
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:40:18 -0500

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 03:21:19PM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > The *.so files are absolute symlinks.
>
> How does that happen?  The glibc installation uses relative links.
> Is this a debian thing?

Good question.  Debian policy seems to say that relative symlinks
should be used, but I am certain I have seen lots of these being
absolute.  I run my fixlinks script frequently, so I don't know which
Debina packages are affected and why.

It might be just another of those things Debian does wrong and which
will never be fixed ;)

Thanks,
Marcus