help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Upcoming changes to display code

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Upcoming changes to display code
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 04:26:53 +0200 (CEST)

We could use two virtual screens:

 1) One to know the current content of the screen;
 2) One to know the new content that should be flush on the screen;

The refresh routine should compare both buffers, and update the
characters that has changes:

for (y=0; y<ROWS; y++)
 for (x=0; x<COLS; x++)
   if (oldbuf[y*COLS+x] != newbuf[y*COLS+x])
     term_update_char (x, y, oldbuf[y*COLS+x]=newbuf[y*COLS+x]);

That's exactly what I'm doing! Much easier and neater than what I proposed.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/
C++, n.  an octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog (Anon)