help-zile

[zile-devel] Upcoming changes to display code

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: [zile-devel] Upcoming changes to display code
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 21:47:56 +0200 (CEST)

I have now got to the point where I have to address zile's architectural dependency on ncurses, namely that it updates the entire screen on every keypress, and relies on ncurses to optimise the display update.

Any hints on how to go about this? I intend to make all the interactive functions that update the display do the relevant minimal (where possible) or maximal (where it's too complex/too much) update.

Any better ideas gratefully received.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | impeccable, a.  not liable to detection (Bierce)