help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] Muddy quality and a green line

From: KenBotwinick
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] Muddy quality and a green line
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 13:34:00 -0400

On Saturday, October 13, 2001, at 01:06 PM, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:

have you tried watching the mpeg2 stream on the computer before passing
it to vcdimager?

Unfortunately I don't know how. Quicktime Player on the Mac cannot play mpeg2 encoded files. I did find vlc (http://www.videolan.org/), but I can't get it to compile on OS X. Any suggestions?

btw, you haven't mentioned what brand your player is... maybe the green
bar/line is caused by the SDE width setting (the specs seem to recommend
using DVD-like settings, i.e. 560, but maybe your player really requires
480 in order to fill the screen completely...)

I have a Pioneer DV-525. How would I figure out which width setting it needs?

Thanks.

Ken Botwinick