help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Muddy quality and a green line

From: KenBotwinick
Subject: [VCDImager] Muddy quality and a green line
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:54:43 -0400

Hi,

I am having a few problems and I'm not sure if they are due to mjpeg tools or vcdimager. I was hoping someone could help me.

I am on Mac OS X. I capture video in iMovie from my DV camcorder. It looks great. I convert it to mjpeg format using Quicktime Pro. It still looks great. I use mksvcd (mjpegtools 1.4.1) to create an mpeg2 and then I use vcdimager 0.7.10 to build the image. I then burn it to CD with Toast Titanium.

When I watch the SVCD on TV it is very muddy. Everything is darker than it should be. The shadows lose their detail. The colors lose their saturation. And there is also a green line on the right side of the screen. What's going on? Any ideas?

I think it's great that mjpeg tools are free, but I'd pay for Cleaner if it had better quality output (and if it was faster considering it says it's optimized for the G4). Does anyone have any opinions on this? Anyone successfully use Cleaner to achieve better results?

Thanks for any help.

Ken Botwinick