Re: [help-texinfo] Some pages in bold font in pdf - Bug ?

From: Nicolas
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Some pages in bold font in pdf - Bug ?
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:51:43 +0100

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 03:28:43PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I noticed some pages are in bold
>
> I can only conclude it is a strange bug in some versions of Acrobat.  It
> doesn't happen for me with Acrobat 5.0.6 on GNU/Linux, nor with xpdf,
> nor with gv.
>
> Did you produce the pdf by using pdftex, or by using tex | dvips | ps2pdf?
> (Or something else?)  Perhaps creating the pdf using another method will
> work around the bug, if you need to.
>
> Best,
> Karl

Karl,

I haven't Acrobat 5.0.6 on my computer. I have versions 5.0.8 and
7.0.8. With both versions I see the page in bold.

However, as you said, there's no problem with gv.

That's really strange indeed.

I tried with tex, dvips, ps2pdf and the page isn't bold anymore but:
- there're no links in the pdf
- images do not display
- there're some other problems, such as black lines in the margin

IMO, there's really a bug somewhere. It's in my texinfo file, or in the
tools I use. I generated the pdf manual with this command:
texi2pdf -q --pdf cinelerra.texi

In texi2pdf man page I see:

"Problems with this script should be reported to the author or to the
teTeX list, <address@hidden> (mailing list).
Problems with texi2dvi(1) should be reported to Karl Berry, the texinfo
maintainer, at <address@hidden> (mailing list)"

I think I could report a bug on the teTeX list, don't you think?

Nicolas.