[help-texinfo] Re: @,{c} in @node fails although @'o etc succeeds

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: @,{c} in @node fails although @'o etc succeeds
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:57:14 -0400

    I won't ask why. 8^)

Good, because I don't know :).

    Is there a reason to put @,{c} into a document if รง works?
    (I.e., what is broken by 8 bit characters?)

I don't think the TeX output is right for 8-bit chars?

    great volume about "Extra @endcsname", "Missing @endcsname inserted",
    and "Missing { inserted"

Yeah, sounds about right.  I expect it's all due to those commands in
node names.  Can you send me your source some time?

    apparently typeset correctly by texi2dvi,

If you have xrefs to the nodes with accented letters, check that in the
output.  That's where I'd kind of expect it to have trouble.  (But I
haven't tried it.)

Cheers,
Karl