help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] Recutils usage examples and performance questions

From: Advrk Aplmrkt
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] Recutils usage examples and performance questions
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 18:21:09 +0100

Dear Jose,

Thanks for your quick response!!

I am very excited to learn that recutils is being actively developed
and updated. I am also so impressed that it can handle thousands of
items with no noticeable delay, and the complexity that you can build
into recfiles if you want to. This should work well for my purposes.

The only feature suggestion I have is perhaps a *simple* GUI frontend
that provides all the features of the CLI tools, and perhaps visual
editing of records ala Kexi or (dare I say) Micro$oft Access. An
advanced idea might be the creation of custom and savable forms and
queries like those bigger GUI packages. A GUI is helpful because one
could have records that include, for example, images. The way that
might work is for the value for a field to be the URL or path to the
image (or anything else, really), and for the GUI to show the image
inline.

It is wonderful that Python bindings have been developed, do you know
roughly when they might be integrated?
I just like to know so I can plan for integrating it into my workflow one day.

Thanks again!