Re: why is octave 4.2.0 x86_64-w64-mingw32 so slow?

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: why is octave 4.2.0 x86_64-w64-mingw32 so slow?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 08:55:56 +0000

> On 24 Oct 2017, at 03:17, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  but it really depends on how big a matrix you're calling them on.
from the large number of calls to log and exp it seems they are not being
called on a matrix but rather called repeatedly in a loop.
as log and exp are taking around 50% of the total run time, I think absence of
vectorization is most likely the cause of he slowdown
in this case:

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Vectorization-and-Faster-Code-Execution.html#Vectorization-and-Faster-Code-Execution

of course this is just a guess as I haven't actually seen the code.
c.