Re: trying to compile 3.6.1

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: trying to compile 3.6.1
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 09:03:27 -0400

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Rita wrote:
> Now, when I do a make check I get,
> octave-3.6.1/src/.libs/lt-octave: symbol lookup error:
> ../octave-3.6.1/libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so.1: undefined symbol: dlamch_
>
> When I do an nm on libcrust.so.1 I do see dlamch:
> U dlamch_
> 000000005a18c T xdlamch_

This is a lapack function, if you run nm on your lapack library you
should see dlamch_ there. My best guess is the order of arguments to
the linker.

For comparison, here are my blas and lapack library variables when I
let configure decide for me:

  BLAS libraries:              -lcblas -lf77blas -latlas
  LAPACK libraries:            -llapack

So you could try (based on what you originally posted):

  --with-blas="-L/staging/octave-3.6.1/contrib/ATLAS/build/lib -lcblas
-lf77blas -latlas"
  --with-lapack="-L/staging/octave-3.6.1/contrib/ATLAS/build/lib -llapack"

where I have swapped the order you had cblas and f77blas, and also
moved the -L option to the front for lapack.

You could also try moving this -L option into your global LDFLAGS
variable, get rid of --with-blas and --with-lapack, and let configure
find them, it should find atlas automatically. Check the listing that
configure prints when it is done to make sure it has the libraries you
wanted it to use.

--
mike