Re: trying to compile 3.6.1

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: trying to compile 3.6.1
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 19:35:33 -0400

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Rita wrote:
> I tried both, change the order and putting BLAS and LAPACK in LDFLAGS.
> Changing the order seemed to compile fine but make check failed with same
> error.

When I've had make check fail on me, it's usually because my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set right or something along those lines. I see
you're passing a -rpath option to the linker to set the path that way.
Can you try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to see if that makes a difference?

If you run "ldd libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so.1" in the octave tree, do
you see liblapack.so.3 in the list? Does it show the path to the
liblapack.so.3 in your /software directory or does it say "not found"?

And if you run "readelf -d libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so.1" do you see
the "Library rpath" directories that you configured for the build?

--
mike