Re: trying to compile 3.6.1

From: Rita
Subject: Re: trying to compile 3.6.1
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 14:07:32 -0400

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

>________________________________

[snip]
>>So it looks like your gcc failed to pass the "C++ library is ISO
>>compliant" test. If it's failing this, it may be failing other tests
>>as well. Can you post your config.log file? This will show the test(s)
>>that failed and why. Possibly because you are using a gcc in a
>>non-standard directory. At a glance it looks like you are passing the
>>right include and library paths, but maybe parts of libstdc++ are not
>>being found.
>>
>>--
>>mike
>>
>Thanks for your response.
>

>Yes, I am aware of 3.6.2 is out but most of my colleagues are using 3.6.1 so I want to stick with it for a while.
>

>Yes, I compiled gcc 4.6.2 myself.
>

>My config.log is huge (close to 4mb). Is there a particular section I should be looking at?

I routinely build Octave (including octave-3.6.2) with _everything_ (except for a very thin layer of libraries like X, glibc, etc.) in non-standard places, including self-built gcc-4.5.3 - no problem.

However, LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my case includes gcc/g++ related paths too.

I can send my automatic build tool - it doesn't require root privileges and can install stuff wherever uses wants.

Regards,
  Sergei.

That would be useful. Can you post it on the Octave Wiki? I would like to contribute to it if possible since I compile a lot of software by myself.