Re: image/data acquisition toolbox

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: image/data acquisition toolbox
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:24:20 -0400

On 26-Oct-2005, Madhusudan Singh wrote:

| No, the toolbox is not implemented per se, but many of MATLAB toolboxes'
| functions are often found in Octave Forge.

I think that someone new to Octave could easily be misinterpret this
statement to mean that Octave Forge has many of the actual Matlab
toolboxes available, ported to Octave.  That is certainly not the
case, and I think we should avoid giving any impression that it is.

Maybe it would be better to say "Octave Forge provides much of the
same functionality of a number of Matlab toolboxes, often with
compatible interfaces."

jwe