Re: dependency line is hidden when adding a dependency

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: dependency line is hidden when adding a dependency
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:37:35 -0500

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 17:24 +0100, Frank Winter wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a strange behaviour here. If I add the dependencies "pfps.eps
> pfpscut.eps" to the line, the rule gets for some reason not applied, and
> instead a "build-in" rule gets applied:
>
> %.dvi: %.tex pfps.eps pfpscut.eps
>       latex $<

The most common reason for this is that these other two prerequisites do
not exist and make doesn't know how to remake them.  If that's true then
make will ignore this pattern rule since it cannot match, and look for
another one.

However, the debug output you showed seems to me to be _heavily_ edited
so I can't determine if that's actually true or not.

Does make's debug output say anything about trying to create those
two .eps files?