RE: why doesn't vpath %.c subdir// work?

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: why doesn't vpath %.c subdir// work?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:03:45 -0800

?? "cmd" is part of Windows.  Eli, let's not degenerate into flame war here or
who is right or wrong, does not matter.  I care about "cmd" because that is
where I execute my make commands, that is the shell within I work, but I
purposely changed the question to use // because I believe this has nothing to
do with Windows.

>I said "Windows" not "cmd".  The response from cmd is quite
self-explanatory.  (Hint: try some other command, not "cd".)