RE: why doesn't vpath %.c subdir// work?

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: why doesn't vpath %.c subdir// work?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:18:49 -0800

>This isn't about a flame war, it's about facts.

>"Windows" means the Windows API, specifically the file API.

OK, to quote Georgie from "Clockwork Orange", "if you must have it, have it
then".  Originally the context was:

>Don't double-slashes have some magical meaning in paths in Windows?

> No - double-backslash does, but not double-forward.

>Actually, Windows treats both flavors or slashes the same

I say the meaning of "Windows" in the above exchange was clear:  the OS, and
specifically the cmd.exe shell in which context make is run.  If you disagree
with this, then I won't argue with you.

Mark