help-libidn

Re: Unable to make -q

From: Rob Napier
Subject: Re: Unable to make -q
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:16:51 -0400

Thanks. My initial testing suggests it may be on rebuild. It'll often work the first time, and then fail the next time I try.

-Rob

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:
Rob Napier <address@hidden> writes:

> In libidn-1.22, I am unable to use "make -q" to determine if it's already
> built. I haven't been able to determine yet what's causing this error (exit
> code=2). I've reproduced it on Linux and Mac so far.

Hi Rob!  Thanks for the report.  I can reproduce the problem, but I have
no idea why it happens.  If you are someone else has some ideas or can
debug this further, that would be great.

Meanwhile, I have asked on the gnulib list because it seems the problem
is more widespread than just within libidn and I suspect gnulib is
involved.  See post at:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gnulib.bugs/27873

Thanks,
/Simon