help-gsasl

Re: GNU SASL test failures

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU SASL test failures
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:03:10 +0200

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hi Simon!
>>
>> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I just realized that the hydra build is using GNU GSS from the build
>>> system, not the latest from git.  Do you know which version of GNU GSS
>>> is installed on that system?
>>
>> GSS 1.0.0.  (You can see it by going to a build page, e.g.,
>> <http://hydra.nixos.org/build/413115>, then clicking on the
>> “Information” tab, “build-time dependencies”, “list”, and searching for
>> ‘gss’.)
>
> Ah -- I was looking for gss/shishi under 'Build inputs', what is the
> difference between a build dependency and a build input?

“Build Inputs” are dependencies managed by Hydra, which is anything
built from VCS.

“Build dependencies” include all the dependencies, notably those dragged
from Nixpkgs (the compiler, C library, GSS in this case, etc.)

Subtle, I have to admit.  ;-)

> Should be fixed in git now.  Could you try to enable Shishi in GSS again
> (or maybe it happens automatically)?

In that case GSS was taken from Nixpkgs, i.e., from a release tarball.
So no that won’t happen automatically.

We could add GSS to Hydra, and make it a “build input” of SASL, in which
case things would happen automatically.

In the meantime, I’ve worked around it in Nixpkgs by doing
“make check LDFLAGS=-lshishi”.  Hydra will pick it up and it will
eventually propagate to the SASL builds.

Thanks,
Ludo’.