help-gsasl

Re: GNU SASL test failures

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: GNU SASL test failures
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 12:46:09 +0200

> Hi Simon,

Hi!  I'm not sure non-robot posts to gsasl-commit make it through to the
list, so I changed the list address to help-gsasl.

> Hydra Build Daemon <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Complete build information can be found on this page:
>> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/397219
>
> There are 2 test failures:
>
> gsasl_init() failed (43):
> GSSAPI error acquiring credentials in gss_acquire_cred() in SASL library.
> This is most likely due to not having the proper Kerberos key available in
> /etc/krb5.keytab on the server.
> Self test `./gssapi' finished with 1 errors
> FAIL: gssapi
>
> Indeed, the build system cannot rely on anything outside of $top_srcdir.

That's just the error message -- in reality it should be reading files
only from its build dir.

> gsasl_init() failed (62):
> GSSAPI error getting OID for SASL mechanism name.
> Self test `./gs2-krb5' finished with 1 errors
> FAIL: gs2-krb5
>
> This test appears to DNS-lookup “latte.josefsson.org”, which fails in
> the build environment.

It fails everywhere else too (that host went away a long time ago) --
but maybe the build environment fails DNS lookups in some different way?

Ideally the lookup should never happen.  I'll see if I can reproduce
this by disabling network on my build machine.

The error message here maybe suggesting some other error though.  I'm
not excluding the possibility that you found a real bug. :-)

> A solution might be to have the test spawn a server locally and connect
> to that instead, though that might be too difficult to do.

The intention is already that the self test should be completely
standalone with no network dependencies.

Thanks,
/Simon