Re: which g++ should I get

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: which g++ should I get
Date: 23 Aug 2004 20:04:33 -0400

%% Guy Harrison <swamp-DEL-dog@ntlworld.com> writes:

  gh> You need to avoid stomping on, or installing things, that affect
  gh> parts of, or behaviour of, your system compiler.

Note that this is normally taken care of automatically.  By default GNU
software that uses autoconf (where you run configure) is installed into
/usr/local.  Distributions (like Debian) reset the configurations so
that their software is installed into /usr.

So, if you don't give any parameters to configure it shouldn't overwrite
the installation of your Debian compiler.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@gnu.org>          Find some GNU make tips at: