Re: newbie question

From: Ayaz Ahmed Khan
Subject: Re: newbie question
Date: 23 Aug 2004 14:34:23 GMT

"Joe" typed:

> Then back to the console, I type "g++ test.cpp -o test".
> Fortunately, I got no errors and a file "test.exe" in the same directory.
>
> But I got a problem here.
> When I type "test" or "test.exe" to execute that program, nothing happened.
> There isn't any error or message, just like it is an empty program.

In the Linux Lab in the University, on some IBM PIs running RedHat-8.0,
if I compile a `hello world' program named `a.cpp' and execute it on the
console from within GNOME, I get no output. But if I switch over to a
virtual console, by pressing alt-ctrl-f2, and execute the binary, I see
the expected output. I don't know why that happens.

--
Ayaz Ahmed Khan
http://fast-ce.org/linux