newbie question

From: Joe
Subject: newbie question
Date: 22 Aug 2004 09:06:26 -0700

Hi, I have a problem in executing a program compiled by myself.

My Environment is WinXp sp1.
I installed cygwin 1.5.10-3, and g++(gcc) 3.3.3.
Then I launched cygwin and used nano to create a cpp file named "test.cpp".
The file content is here:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
   cout << "Hello";
   return (0);
}

Then back to the console, I type "g++ test.cpp -o test".
Fortunately, I got no errors and a file "test.exe" in the same directory.

But I got a problem here.
When I type "test" or "test.exe" to execute that program, nothing happened.
There isn't any error or message, just like it is an empty program.

Am I doing wrong somewhere??