help-gnustep

Re: No font when launching a test app

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: No font when launching a test app
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:23:17 +0200

Andreas Voegele wrote:
Nicolas Girard writes:

I succeded in compiling & launching the test tool ; i switched to the
sample NSApplication. I had no compilation issue, but when launching it,
and after waiting for the font cache to be built, i ended up with a
"blank" application, i.e. a window containing nothing but a grey button ;
no text even in the button itself.

I've just built the latest stable release.  I've got the same problem.
Is the X11 backend broken?

No, the x11 backend isnt broken in CVS, and wasn't, as far as I know, in the days before. Your problme must be specific to your setup.
What GNUstep releases are you using?
What is your operating environment?
Which version of XFree86 are you using?
What output did the config script for the backend produce?
Could you switch over to use anti-aliased fonts for the x11 backend?
What ae the results from other GNUstep applications?