help-gnustep

Re: No font when launching a test app

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: No font when launching a test app
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:07:05 -0600

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 06:59 AM, Nicolas Girard wrote:

Hi,
As my first attempt to write some GNUStep stuff, i've downloaded, compiled
and installed the latest gnustep-make, gnustep-base, gnustep-back and
gnustep-gui packages ; then i followed Nicola's first tutorial.

I succeded in compiling & launching the test tool ; i switched to the
sample NSApplication. I had no compilation issue, but when launching it,
and after waiting for the font cache to be built, i ended up with a
"blank" application, i.e. a window containing nothing but a grey button ;
no text even in the button itself.

In my ~/GNUstep/Library/Fonts/Cache directory, there's only one file named
':0.0', ~700 kb

I'm working on a Mdk 9.1 / i686/ gcc 3.2.2

Did you see any errors when the font cache was being made? Perhaps you can remove the :0.0 file and try running it on it's own:

font_cacher

Also see the FAQ entry for this and see if any of that might apply to you:

http://www.gnustep.org/information/userfaq_1.html#SEC30