help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Download never completes, CPU load

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Download never completes, CPU load
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:39:03 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Markku Tavasti wrote:

> > The bottom line is that this problem didn't exist in some
> > previous versions.
> Oh, that's nice to hear. I was thinking "I'm not popular enough, since
> I'm newcomer' or 'Gnunet in not working idea in practice'.

I'd say the current version is definitely fck'd up. Even worse
than that, the competent parts of the devel team seem to be
deadly busy elsewhere, or not caring enough.

I'm not one to gloss away problems by empty talk or keeping
my mouth shut. The fact is that situation like this is extremely
bad for gnunet publicity, and its amazing that major problems
like this have made it through to a release version, probably
due to careless addition of fixes or modifications, without
debugging or verifying the result (see the a bit childish
Igor's checkup list in the TODO file - clearly the list
hasn't been followed, which is on the other hand understandable
considering the resources available...).

Igor