help-gnu-music

Re: Two Lilypond questions

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: Re: Two Lilypond questions
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:31:59 +0000

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 12:12:59AM +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> > > Rolled chords are a pretty common device in piano music.  They look like
> > a vertical squiggle to the left of the chord.
>
> Yes, since version 1.3.96. See the example in
> input/regression/arpeggio.ly (or /input/test/arpeggio.ly)

Although currently it cannot distinguish between upward and downward
arpeggios? I've never actually seen a downward arpeggio in printed
piano music, I assume it's just an arrowhead at the bottom of the
squiggly line? Debussy or Liszt or someone must have used this at some
point.
 I'm interested because I've written one myself in my piano music (see
DownloadLilypondScores webpage).  I'm not sure how hard this would be
to hack, not yet having studied the source closely.

--
chris