help-gnu-music

Two Lilypond questions

From: Daniel Burrows
Subject: Two Lilypond questions
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:10:54 -0500

  (please Cc me on replies)

  Hi, I've got two questions about Lilypond.  Both might be
feature requests/bug reports if there isn't any way to do them :)

  First, is it possible to notate an arpeggiated or "rolled" chord in Lilypond?
Rolled chords are a pretty common device in piano music.  They look like
a vertical squiggle to the left of the chord.

  Second, what's the preferred way of handling alternative endings over
multiple staves/voices? (eg: piano music with one voice for the treble clef
and one for the bass) I tried doing what seemed obvious (putting separate
\repeat and \alternative directives in each voice), but that gave me
two "1----|" markings above the score, which is ugly besides being wrong.

   Thanks,
  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <address@hidden> -----------------\
|        Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?         |