help-gnu-music

Re: Installation of LilyPond without root permissions

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Installation of LilyPond without root permissions
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:03:39 +0100

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> > > Can you try your luck with LilyPond 1.3.92?

> > Yeah, wow, it installs :)
> >
> > But now - as always - I have a new problem:
> >
> > address@hidden:~]$ ly2dvi tst.ly
> > ly2dvi (GNU LilyPond) 1.3.92
> > executing: lilypond  tst.ly 2>&1
> > lilypond: error in loading shared libraries: libguile.so.9: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > ly2dvi: LilyPond failed: lilypond  tst.ly 2>&1

> However, I don't understand how you installed Lilypond. Did you
> install from an RPM and force it to put the files locally or
> did you compile it yourself? If you compiled it yourself, the
> error message indicates that the compiler found the new version
> of the Guile library whereas the run-time loader only finds
> the older version.

I compiled it nyself. - And you are probably right.

address@hidden:~]$ /usr/bin/guile -v
Guile 1.3
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.
address@hidden:~]$ /usr/local/bin/guile -v
Guile 1.4
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.
address@hidden:~]$ which guile
/usr/local/bin/guile
address@hidden:~]$

How do I tell LilyPond to use the guile stored in local?

-Rune