help-gnu-music

Re: Stack Overflow

From: Justin Kao
Subject: Re: Stack Overflow
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:41:47 -0800

>I'm having a bit of trouble getting Lilypond to work on my system.
>I'm using FreeBSD 4.1.  The newest development version actually
>compiles fine--right out of the tar--but when I run it the following
>happens.
>
>  address@hidden(test) ly2dvi praeludium-fuga-E.ly.txt
>  ly2dvi (GNU LilyPond) 1.3.102
>  executing: lilypond  praeludium-fuga-E.ly.txt 2>&1
>  GNU LilyPond 1.3.102.ERROR: Stack overflow
>  ly2dvi: LilyPond failed: lilypond  praeludium-fuga-E.ly.txt 2>&1
>
>It has happened consistently with each build I have made (several
>different versions of lilypond).  Any suggestions?  Is there any more
>specific information I can give you to help?

I've had the same problem with other versions of lilypond, but for some
reason 1.3.99 worked for me.

Fiddling with the ly file, I could not pin down any particular thing causing
lilypond to crash. (In fact, it crashed for several variations of an ly
file, but worked for several others. I gave up.)

Justin