help-gnu-music

Stack Overflow

From: Carl McTague
Subject: Stack Overflow
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:15:33 -0500

Dear Lilypond Hackers,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting Lilypond to work on my system.
I'm using FreeBSD 4.1.  The newest development version actually
compiles fine--right out of the tar--but when I run it the following
happens.

  address@hidden(test) ly2dvi praeludium-fuga-E.ly.txt
  ly2dvi (GNU LilyPond) 1.3.102
  executing: lilypond  praeludium-fuga-E.ly.txt 2>&1
  GNU LilyPond 1.3.102.ERROR: Stack overflow
  ly2dvi: LilyPond failed: lilypond  praeludium-fuga-E.ly.txt 2>&1

It has happened consistently with each build I have made (several
different versions of lilypond).  Any suggestions?  Is there any more
specific information I can give you to help?

Thanks,
Carl McTague