help-gnu-music

Re: [Help-gnu-music] How to typeset this?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-music] How to typeset this?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:06:01 +0200

>  My problems start at the last quarter of the
> first full measure. One plays e16 g b e' but without stopping the strings
> so that in reality the notes' durations are e4 g8. b8 e'16. In the
> attached score this is indicated by having a beamed group of 4 16th notes,
> of which three notes are duplicated stem-down with the prolonged
> durations. My question is: do I really need 4 voices in mudela to achieve
> this? Can't I say "print e4 but advance only s16" in the bass voice? Or is
> there any construct especially designed for this purpose?

You could write the stem-down notes (untested)
\times 1/4 {e4} \times 1/3 {g8.} \times 1/2 {b8} e16

or maybe even
e4*1/4 g8.*1/3 b8*1/2 16

Usually you have to turn off tuplet numbers and tuplet brackets
when you use \times for this purpose, but for single notes, I
don't think they're printed anyway.

    /Mats