Automatic Compiling

From: Ulrich Dirr
Subject: Automatic Compiling
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 11:12:00 +0200

Hi.

Is there an easy way how I can customize my PDFeLaTeX compile cycles? I
find it somewhat tedious to do all steps by hand.
(1) going to the compile menu and selecting PDFeLaTeX
(2) explictely confirm saving
(3) typing C-c C-c after successfully compiling
(4) typing 'View PDF'
(5) correcting the status line 'View PDF command: start <file>.tex.pdf'
to <file>.pdf

(5) or how can I change the output behavior so that <file>.tex.pdf is
written (which I would prefer).

I presume that this is nothing special as a lot of TeX afficionados are
using emacs and solved this already.

Best regards,
Ulrich Dirr

P.S. Where have I to look to find informations how to define shortcut
keys for actions.