Re[5]: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.5 release information

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re[5]: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.5 release information
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:34:34 +0400

>Why not a value indicating OK?

MIP_E_OK indicates that the tree is completely explored, in which case
lpx_integer sets the status LPX_I_OPT (integer optimal solution found)
or LPX_I_NOFEAS (problem has no integer feasible solution). However,
if the search is prematurely terminated, the status must be LPX_I_FEAS
(integer feasible solution found but its optimality not proven) or
LPX_I_INFEAS (no integer feasible solution found yet).

>My recollection is that there is a parameter
>that would do almost exactly what was requested.
>At one time it was called LPX_K_TOLOBJ.
>An upper bound of 10**-3 was enforced.
>Editing the code to raise that bound should
>allow the user to specify a 10% rule.

Yes, this is another way to obtain sub-optimal solution.

Andrew Makhorin