Re: Is the Gnu diction Package is bison and flex Candidate=

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Is the Gnu diction Package is bison and flex Candidate=
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:24:53 +0200

On 3 Aug 2007, at 12:51, Hans (Req man) skrev:

Hans Aberg schreef:
Don't expect to get much out of error recovery. It is a research topic, and particularly bad under LALR(1), as the parser states are merged in a way that when an error token appears. some reductions may still take place.

Instead, uses GLR (the Bison %glr option) to deal with grammar ambiguities. But it does not help with ambiguities on the lexical level, and Paul Hilfinger, who wrote the GLR parser, says it is not adapted to use with a lexer that splits the lexemes.

Hans, I see, and thanks for the suggestions. For now I will continue testing this release of diction (1.11). I will look into your hugs suggestion as well as the bison %glr option afterwards. Regards, hans

I am cc'ing Paul, in case he might have something to say about the topic.

  Hans Aberg