Re: Is the Gnu diction Package is bison and flex Candidate=

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Is the Gnu diction Package is bison and flex Candidate=
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 00:36:36 +0200

On 3 Aug 2007, at 00:13, Alfonso Urdaneta wrote:

  Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

The version I'm familiar with is "Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas".

A quick netsearch gives that both version are attributed to Groucho Marx, with no reference.

As for the original topic:

example 1: be able to
=========

Identifier Beginner Instances Advised user action ---------- -------- --------- ------------------- to be able to Yes be able to (weak definition) to be able to Yes am able to (weak definition) to be able to Yes are able to (weak definition) to be able to Yes was able to (weak definition) to be able to Yes were able to (weak definition)

example 2: along the line
=========
Identifier Beginner Instances Advised user action ---------- -------- --------- -------------------
along the line        No          along the line       (avoid)
along the line        No          along the line of    like (or omit)
along the line        No          along the lines      (avoid)
along the line        No          along the lines of   like (or omit)
along the line No along these lines (overworked phrase, avoid)
along the line        No          along those lines    (avoid)

Beginner indicates errors usually made by people not fluent in the language.

My English university grammar indicates sentences such as:
  She wouldn't be able to do it today.
From the description above, it looks as though the program suggests that is a beginner error. So what does the program do?

Also, I was unable to compile it on Mac OS X 10.4.10 - ./configure asks for build type.

  Hans Aberg