gzz-dev

[Gzz] Generalizing views - Collecting everything together

From: Matti Katila
Subject: [Gzz] Generalizing views - Collecting everything together
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:31:07 +0200 (EET)

In zzStructure every cell has it's own URI.
In RDF, URI can be in many places.

This makes things difficult since:

  A-C-B         A
  |        ->   |
  B             B-C-B

Can't be interpolated by matching just by URI.

18:18 < benja> we need to be able to interpolate between this and the
               simple/wheel views
18:28 < benja> different views: each view has its own geometry
18:29 < benja> the point of vobs is to interpolate between them
18:29 <@mudyc> between views?
18:29 < benja> mudyc: exactly

Next question - what view is a basically about?

18:20 < benja> so we would want to interpolate any node appearing in both
               the spatial and the simple view
18:21 <@mudyc> benja: but different views are basically different placing
18:22 < benja> mudyc, yes
18:22 < benja> at least to some degree :)
18:23 < benja> but that's a good enough definition here

Now, let's see:

          neg1 |
        neg2 \   / pos1
      neg3 - focus - pos2
        neg4 /    \ pos3
          neg5 |

Am I the only one who sees this very close to buoy oriented view?
There is a focus and context.

Well, let's face it. Tuomas has sweated a lot with buoymanager. I still
don't understand the uml of it but I think I understood the key meaning
of it.

-All important geometry is done in buoymanager.

18:26 < benja> and I don't see what buoymanager's geometry has to with
               this
18:27 <@mudyc> buoymanager does geometry - different views is all about
               changing geometry of different boxes
18:28 < benja> mudyc: "buoymanager does geometry", yes
18:28 < benja> different views: each view has its own geometry
18:29 < benja> the point of vobs is to interpolate between them

There's no way to interpolate between two vobscenes if URI can be same in
different nodes and the next vobscene is different view. We need to do
the matching in a way that interpolations work(standar way for mathing
keys). Also not every view should do the keymapSingleCoordsys trick, it
should be generalized.

 View       |  BuoyView | WheelView | NormalView
 Geometry   |  buoys    | circle    | line
 Left/right |           |           |
 connections|  yes      |  yes      |  yes

What do we get wit this?
 -In buoyoin might be able to place the buoys like buoys or in circle or
  in line or...
 -Animation works from WheelView to NormalView or to any view.

What we don't get:
 -If geometry wants to draw subconnections:

   A-focus-B-C

  there still isn't a way to do this in buoyoing.

Ok, now I have said it. Kick me with words to prove me being wrong with
these.

   -Matti