gzz-dev

[Gzz] Pegboard

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] Pegboard
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:52:11 +0300

Ok, given the recent stuff with hierarchical vobs, I've decided it's time
to create the PEGboard - proposals for enhancing gzz.

See doc/pegboard.

The gist: I'm specifying a set of packages and classes, initially

        * gzz
        * gzz.media
        * gzz.diff
        * gzz.impl.AbstractSpace
        * gzz.impl.AbstractDim
        * gzz.impl.ModularSpace
        * gzz.impl.CellManager
        * gzz.impl.DimManager
        * gzz.impl.IdentityManager
        * gzz.vob.Vob
        * gzz.vob.VobScene
        * gzz.vob.VobCoorder
        * gzz.vob.VobMap
        * gzz.vob.VobPlacer

into which NO changes (except non-semantically altering the javadoc or
reindenting)
by ANYONE (even me) will be accepted without first explaining the changes in a
PEG.
Pegs are not required to be impossibly complicated - a clear, commonsense
explanation
of WHAT would be done and WHY is enough, supplemented by UML diagrams if
necessary.

Once a PEG is entered into the repository, it will be discussed and revised,
and in the end I will gauge the consensus and make a decision.

Opinions/comments?

        Tuomas