gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Diff article?

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Diff article?
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 10:58:36 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 01:10:03AM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
Hi,

I think one thing we should write an article about is the new diff mechanism. The idea is terribly simple (even if the implementation needs some careful work in order to be really robust), yet I don't know of it being used elsewhere (does someone else here?)-- and it is quite interesting, because it marries the permanence and security (if not completely the robustness) of Storm with the efficiency of storing diffs, storing backward diffs, and transmitting only the current version (when downloading the current version of something from the 'net).

Should this be before or after urn-5? Probably we should limit to
actively writing one, and having the others in the queue.

Yes. After: then we can gain a little more experience with the new diffs before we start.

Why not put this in the TODO queue?

Done.

- Benja