gwhere-discussion

[GWhere-discussion] installing: which dependencies ?

From: peter . elsner
Subject: [GWhere-discussion] installing: which dependencies ?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:16:29 +0200

Hi folks,

as a newbie in your list and in installing with compiling I've got trouble
with Gwhere.
I tried to install the version ( 0.0.25 ) discussed in a magazin. I
understood that I need gtk >= 1.2.0 with the gtk-dev(el) paket  to run
gwhere.

after some trying ( sorry, I don't know what I realy installed at least
because I installed the program "checkinstall" before and got some trouble
from there) I could start gwhere.

it was a bit frustrating: I was able to select a CD, reads the label but I
always got questionmarks as a desrciptiin of the directories.

When I made an "ls" at the CD  I got the same. Only after unmount / mount I
could read the CD with an "ls"

I'd installed mandrake V9.0 running kde 3
When I look inside the box what is installed I can see

libgtk+1.2-1.2.10-29mdk        <-------- maybe from my helpless installing
libgtk-1.2-devel-1.2.10-29mdk <------            "                   "
libgtk+2.0_0-2.0.6-8mdk        <-------- the original from mandrake ??

together with some other gtk libaries

My question: what do I have to install together with Gwhere to get it running
at mandrake V9?

any help is gladly accepted.

Bye
Peter