gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] installing: which dependencies ?

From: Zero - GWhere
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] installing: which dependencies ?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 00:09:22 +0100

Hi everybody,

peter wrote:

> Hi Zero,
> let me split our last msg for a better answer

No problems. ;-)

> first of all, I was able to compile GWhere 0.0.25 and start it but not 0.0.26
>
> > > it was a bit frustrating: I was able to select a CD, reads the label but
> > > I always got questionmarks as a desrciptiin of the directories.
> > >
> > > When I made an "ls" at the CD  I got the same. Only after unmount / mount
> > > I could read the CD with an "ls"
> >
> > I'm not sure to understand your problem but can you tell us your error
> > message about directories?
>
> let me explain.
> I'm running mandrake V9 which uses per default supermount / automount. So, I
> tried to start GWhere with these default conditions.
> GWhere is able to connect to the CD and tried to read the contents but mostly
> it got parts of the directory. sometimes it shows the directory icon and as a
> description a few ???????.
> When I use the konqueror to show me the contents of the CD it shows the same.
> ( part of the content ) with an ls too.
>
> I stopped automount / supermount and did a reboot. after that I could read the
> CD's correctly.
> after enabling automount and a reboot I got the same trouble.

It's very strange. I couldn't try it on a Mandrake 9.0. But I will search
someone
who can test it.

Have you the same trouble when you use konqueror before GWhere (with
automount/supermout enabled)??
When you disable automount/supermount, have you the same problem with GWhere??

> > Have you tried the version 0.0.26? Have you the same problem with it?
> >
> :-)
> well I downloaded the two parts for compiling and had trouble with each
> _________
> address@hidden GWhere-0.0.26]# ./configure
> configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../..
> address@hidden GWhere-0.0.26]#
> _________
>
> there are only these files "INSTALL.part" and "install-sh.part" in the paket.
>
> so, what's now to do??

install-sh is a link to your system install-sh on GWhere 0.0.26. I have fixed it
in the next version. You can fix the link or copy your install-sh file to the
GWhere directory archive.

You can install GWhere from RPM files too if you want.

> I got it with 0.0.25 and now the next trap with 0.0.26 !  it's really hard to
> become a penguin freak. :-)

The hard life of penguins...

Bye,
Zero

--
Best regards,

Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org