guix-devel

Re: Internet Archive APIs useful as fallback?

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Internet Archive APIs useful as fallback?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 13:55:51 +0100

On 2018-12-20 08:47, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hi!

swedebugia <address@hidden> skribis:

I tested 3 of the quicklisp (there are ~1000) packages and these 2 worked:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170313123155/http://beta.quicklisp.org/archive/cl-moneris/2011-04-18/cl-moneris-20110418-git.tgz
https://web.archive.org/web/20170330204246/http://beta.quicklisp.org/archive/cl-modlisp/2015-09-23/cl-modlisp-20150923-git.tgz

:D

I tested the pypi packages and none out of 8 I tried was available.

Interesting.  I suppose one would have to use the API to find out the
URLs above?

I tried https://archive.org/wayback/available?url=http://beta.quicklisp.org/archive/cl-moneris/2011-04-18/cl-moneris-20110418-git.tgz
to get the url of the latest snapshot but it returned:

{"url": "http://beta.quicklisp.org/archive/cl-moneris/2011-04-18/cl-moneris-20110418-git.tgz";, "archived_snapshots": {}}

which I consider an error. :(

The same goes for the cl-modlisp above. So 2/2 failed to give us the snapshot url.

So the API seems currently broken which leaves us with the web-interface.

I will report upstream...

--
Cheers Swedebugia