guix-devel

Re: Internet Archive APIs useful as fallback?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Internet Archive APIs useful as fallback?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 15:57:04 +0100

Hi!

swedebugia <address@hidden> skribis:

> I stumbled over these at clintons blog and thought I would share them
> here if anybody is interested.
>
> APIs for content other that way-back machine:
> https://blog.archive.org/2018/12/13/documentation-for-public-apis-at-the-internet-archive/
>
> APIs for the way-back machine:
> https://archive.org/help/wayback_api.php

We added support to retrieve Git checkouts (and some tarballs) from
Software Heritage recently:

  https://issues.guix.info/issue/33432

The Internet Archive is not in the business of archiving software, but
it’d be interesting to see if it archives tarballs that people put on
“random” web sites, in which case it could also be useful.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.