guix-devel

Re: guixsd offline installation media

From: Dika Setya Prayogi
Subject: Re: guixsd offline installation media
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 15:03:31 +0700

I understand, that's why I write it "for future guixsd" not for next
guixsd. from my thoughs offline installation is the nicest way to
autobuild a system. for me, I prefer download an 4Gb iso file rather
than failing build 4 times (that will make me angry and wreck
something, lol). and in this modern live there is many download option
like a postponeable download ex:torrent that will cover up an slow
bandwith, but in a case sensitive like building OS, a failed download
can be a disaster. my conclusion is it's nice to have a stable system
first then you can costumize or wreck it as you want, whatever how
many times you misconfigured or break your os you can reinstall the
stable installation and wreck it again. thanks for your attention Ludo
:-)