grammatica-users

[Grammatica-users] Grammatica with C# / VS.NET

From: Magnus Bäck
Subject: [Grammatica-users] Grammatica with C# / VS.NET
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:42:15 +0100

Luc Morin wrote:

If I may add an entry to the WishList for Grammatica, it would
> be nice to have a native C# tool.

That would be preferable, but I think there are better ways of investing development time.

The very best would be to be able to integrate that native tool
> into VS.NET such that classes get regenerated when the grammar
> changes.

I'm starting to look into VS.NET Custom Tools to see how this
> could be done, but I'm not too sure how/if I could wrap the java tool.

Now Visual Studio integration would be great. I had hoped that there
would have been a generic target tool in VS so that one could at least configure automatic regeneration with the help of a batch file or some other kind of script, but it appears to be necessary to make a custom VS tool with COM etc. Sigh. Not that it seems to be that much work involved making such a tool, but with a properly setup makefile it isn't that tedious to do it manually.

--
Magnus Bäck
address@hidden