grammatica-users

RE: [Grammatica-users] GetParent question

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: RE: [Grammatica-users] GetParent question
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:16:18 +0100

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 21:24, Luc Morin wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the clarification.
>
> Adding a Start Production did the trick, though at first I
> had put it after the property Production in the grammar
> file, so it wasn't "caught" at all by the Analyzer.
> Putting it before the Property Production solved it.
>
> I didn't think the order of appearance in the grammar was
> of any importance, but that is most certainly caused by my
> total lack of knowledge in this field :-)

Yes, normally the order of productions (grammar rules)
does not matter. However, Grammatica treats the *first*
production as the entry point for the whole grammar.
Hence causing problems when Start is not the first rule.

For tokens, though, the order has importance.

> Anyway, my Eplan 21 Format String analyzer now works like I
> intended at first, thanks to Grammatica !

I'm happy to hear that!

Cheers,

/Per