gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Suggestions for inexpensive receiver

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Suggestions for inexpensive receiver
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 14:55:49 -0700

Yo Roger!

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 05:25:20 +0000
Roger Oberholtzer <address@hidden> wrote:

> > From: Gary E. Miller address@hidden
>
> > Are you looking for a GPS mouse, or is a bare GPS board OK?
> > Internal or External antenna?
>
> A mouse. External antenna. It will be used in a vehicle. We want to
> set time, and do locations (to the extent such receivers do them).

I've never heard of a GPS mouse with an external antenna.  All that I
know of have internal antennas.  Maybe someone here knows of one?  Many
GPS mice have really long serial/USB cables and you mount the entire
mouse outside in the weather.

The better ones have a 1/4" thread in the bottom so you can bolt it down
outside.

Like the Garmin GPS 18x.  It comes in USB, 12V serial and Low Voltage
serial version.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588